Our mission is to serve, impact, and empower older adults to live life to the fullest while building meaningful relationships and enriching the lives of those we encounter.
Who We Are
Jimmy Stout, PT, DPT, MTC
Co-Owner, Physical Therapist
Jimmy is the Co-owner of Stout Healthcare and also practices as a Physical Therapist at multiple office locations. He enjoys mentoring and training the PT’s employed with Stout Healthcare as well as future Doctor of Physical Therapy students and has taken on several students over the years serving as their Clinical Instructor. Jimmy is passionate about engagement with and service to the local community, promoting the mission of Stout Healthcare wherever he goes. In his free time, Jimmy loves to spend time with his wife and 4 boys. He also enjoys fishing, hiking, camping, playing soccer and ultimate frisbee and spending as much time outdoors as time permits. Though he has many hats to wear (husband, father, owner/founder, therapist, etc) Jimmy finds his greatest purpose and fulfillment in serving the Lord and spreading His love to others!
● Doctorate in Physical Therapy: Elon University ● Bachelors of Science in Biology: Messiah College, PA ● Former PT for extreme action sport group: NItro Circus ● Trigger Point Dry Needling Certified (TDN) ● Functional Capacity Evaluation Certified (FCE) ● LSVT Big Certified (Parkinson’s Disease Protocol) ● Manual Therapy Certification (MTC): Advanced proficiency in
manual interventions: Training with Evidence in Motion ● Certified Dementia Practitioner (CDP) ● Areas of interest: Geriatrics, Neurological disorders return to sport and return to work from injury
Kayla Stout, MEd, CCC-SLP
Co-Owner, Speech Language Pathologist/Endoscopist
Kayla has extensive experience working with adults with dysphagia and communication disorders in a variety of settings, including private practice, skilled nursing facilities, acute care, and home health. In 2017, she launched Southeastern Swallowing Diagnostics to provide much needed options in dysphagia assessment in Georgia and Tennessee. More importantly, she is wife to Jimmy and mama to four boys: Jacob (3), Brooks (2), Caleb (10 months) and Chase (10 months). Kayla is passionate about empowering others and desires for every team member, patient, and person to know they have purpose and are valued.
Activities & Affiliations:
● ASHA Certified (CCC-SLP)
● Licensed in Georgia & Tennessee
● MDTP Certified
● FEES Trained
● National Foundation of Swallowing Disorders (NFOSD) member
● Two-time ASHA Ace Award recipient
● Member of Dysphagia Research Society (DRS)
● Member of ASHA’s Special Interest Group 13 - Swallowing and Swallowing Disorders
● Member of ASHA’s Special Interest Group 15 - Gerontology
● Registered BCS-S Mentee with American Board of Swallowing & Swallowing Disorders (ABSSD)
● Certified Dementia Practitioner
What We Do
Physical therapists restore function for individuals who have experienced neural, skeletal, or muscular dysfunction.
• Mobility and gait training • Balance and stability training • Postural re-education, positioning, or ergonomics • Exercise programs with high specificity to increase muscle function, coordination/motor control, endurance, power, etc. • Manual interventions: joint and soft tissue mobilizations to increase range-of-motion and decrease pain • Pelvic floor health including incontinence • Pain management • Vestibular treatment for dizziness or unsteadiness on feet
Occupational therapists assist individuals with adapting to their social and physical environment.
• Education and training in everyday tasks such as dressing, bathing, eating and grooming • Activities for memory, orientation and cognitive integration • Adaptive techniques or equipment to help overcome physical disabilities • Specific strengthening and coordination activities • Exercises to reduce the effects of arthritis or other conditions to maintain normal joint movement • Improvement of fine motor skills including hand and digit dexterity
Speech therapists addresses cognitive, communication, and swallowing dysfunction.
• Recovery of speech, language and memory/cognitive skills • Verbal and non-verbal communication • Oral muscle functioning and strength required for speaking and swallowing • Appropriate diet recommendations
Services that enhance the customer experience by improving your pain, quality of life, and overall well-being.
• Massage • Dry needling • Manipulation • Exercise classes • Coaching and personal training